The is a list of policies for the Behring Senior Center:
- Facility Use Policy - The Behring Senior Center, located at 1113 10th Street in Monroe, shall be utilized by those who are age 55 and over. The facility will be used for Senior Center events or services, or City of Monroe programs. Events held at the Senior Center will provide information, recreation, social services, health services, and volunteer opportunities for those who are 55 years of age or over.
- Facility Fence Signage Policy - The fence located on the North side of the Senior Center building will be for Senior Center use only. Outside organizations will not be permitted to post signs on the fence.
- Bulletin Board Policy - The Senior Center allows businesses and organizations to place items on our bulletin board, however this needs to be first approved by facility staff and may be limited due to space. The Senior Center staff and Board of Directors do not support or endorse outside agencies
- Winter Weather Policy - The Behring Senior Center will be closed if the Monroe Schools close the entire day due to a severe winter weather event. If schools close early or open late, the Senior Center will open at its scheduled time of 8:00 am in the main building and 7:00 am in the Wellness Center.
- Exercise Classes - Due to high demand, registration form and payment are due at the time of sign up. Participants must wait until the posted registration date to sign up for newly published exercise classes, and they can only sign up for one (1) person.
- Payment Policy - The department only accepts cash and checks at this time.