Building Inspection/Property Maintenance & Code Enforcement
7:00am - 3:30pm
Contact Building Inspector
Phone: (608) 329-2518
Contact Code Enforcement Officer
Phone: (608) 329-2533
The Building Inspection Division is responsible for receiving permit applications; issuing permits; furnishing relevant certificates; examining and inspecting property; ensuring construction is completed safely; enforce all laws relating to the construction, alteration, repair, removal, demolition, equipment, use and occupancy, location and maintenance of buildings; and to issue such notices or orders as may be necessary to enforce compliance with law to remove illegal or unsafe conditions, to secure necessary safeguards during construction, or to require adequate exit facilities in existing buildings and structures.
If you have any questions or needs related to building inspections or building permits, please contact the Building Inspector Ryan Lindsey.
The Building Inspector will check and respond to emails, phone calls and permit requests Monday through Friday. Plan Reviews and inspections will be completed on Tuesday and Thursday from 8 am to 3 pm. Please contact the Building Inspector by phone or email to schedule your appointment.
Submit your building permit application online by following the link below. The City of Monroe accepts only online permit applications.
- Automatic Fire Suppression Systems Application Form
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2023 Fee Schedule
- Green County GIS
- Information for building a garage or shed
- Information for driveway construction & permit application
- Information on residential fences
- Information on Wisconsin's Carbon Monoxide Detector Law - effective 2/1/2011
- Plot Plan Blank Form
- Lodging House Permit Application
- Guidelines for Parking Recreational Vehicles on Residential Properties
- Plumbers and contractors are required to contact the Water and Wastewater Utilities whenever any work is being done to the water or sanitary sewer systems. View the contractor and plumber spec guide here.
CITY OF MONROE CODE
TITLE 4 BUILDING REGULATIONS - The City of Monroe adopted modified Building Regulations on February 17, 2015. Building regulations include code affecting housing and property maintenance, swimming pools and general building ordinances.