Summer School Monroe Area Swim Team (MAST)
MAST is an opportunity for children who love to swim to go one step further in the development of their swimming. It is not lessons, even though strokes will be worked on, but it is more a refinement of the stroke, learning to swim a stroke in the competitive mode, and building endurance. They will learn flip turns, streamlining, dives and several other competitive skills. Children interested should know the basics of front crawl & back crawl and be able to swim them without assistance. Taking lessons along with being on team is a plus for your child. In the words of the founder of MAST we ask one thing “Do Your Best”!
Who: School District of Monroe students at outdoor pool
Age: Boys & Girls, Grades Entering 1 - 12 grade
Mon-Fri, June 14-July 2, 9:15-10:15am, kids will be bussed
Mon-Fri, July 5-23, 10:15-11:15am, kids will need transportation
Cost: $2.00 - Register through Summer School
Fee: Members are required to have a season pool pass before the first day of practice. Home meets will need volunteers to help.
- Due to lack of volunteers, Swim Team will be offered only through Summer School this summer. We will see if parents like this option better for time management & we’ll evaluate at summer’s end.
- Register through Skyward Family Access account
- Recommend logging into Skyward Family Access prior to Summer School registration to ensure account is up-to-date
- If you do not have a Skyward Family Access account, please contact Summer School office at 608-328-7400 to receive support
The MAST board is joining forces with the Parks & Recreation Department and Monroe School District to run Swim Team during Summer School. The MAST swim team has struggled finding volunteers to work the concession stand, swim meets and to serve on the Board. MAST Board would like to try and make this more manageable for parents. We would like to try this change this summer and get parents’ feedback. We need Board members for everyone has stepped down from the Board. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in serving. The Concession stand is going to be replaced this summer with vending machines. We hope this will help elevate a larger portion of volunteer hours for parents on MAST swim team. And also, due to COVID-19, this is a safer option for all.
Gavin Breadon Memorial Swim Meet, Art Exhibit & Silent Auction
Saturday, June 19th - 7:30am - 12:30pm
Scholarships, Silent Auction, Swim Meet, Potluck & Swimtime.
Each family will have an area on the pool deck where they are asked to stay unless child is swimming.
Bid on beautiful hand blown art pieces by Eoin Breadon. All proceeds will go to the Gavin Breadon Memorial Scholarship Fund for MHS graduates. Artwork on display at Parks & Rec office 2 weeks prior, on Facebook & at the meet.
- Saturday, June 19, 8:00-10:00am - Gavin Breadon Memorial
- Friday, June 25, 9:00am - Team A lifeguards will join MAST swimmers in the meet
- Friday, July 9, 10:00am - Team B lifeguards will join MAST swimmers in the meet
- Thursday, July 15, 5:00pm - Swim meet with Platteville
They are interested in scheduling meets depending on COVID cases. If teams can’t attend, we will have fun meets.