2021 Summer School Afternoon Club at Monroe Middle School
After Summer School Club is a program for children entering 5K through 6th grade. We’ll offer a June Afternoon session and July All Day session. There will be a variety of indoor activities including board games, coloring, Legos, crafts, etc. When visiting the parks, we’ll play tennis, baseball, sidewalk chalk, kickball, playground equipment and other outdoor activities. Parents are asked to send a snack and labeled water bottle with children each day.
- Session 1 will be held 3 weeks at the Middle School and will run afternoons, the same weeks and days as Summer School. Children come right from Summer School and report to the gym every day at noon first, check in with their instructor, and then eat lunch.
- Session 2 will be held 4 weeks at Monroe Youth Center and will run All Day, July 5-30.
Days: Monday - Friday
Session 1: Meet at Middle School Gym: June 14-July 2 - Noon-5:00pm, pick up by 5:15pm- $225 ($50 deposit)
Session 2: Meet at Monroe Youth Center: July 5-July 30 - 7:30am-5:00pm, pick up by 5:15pm- $500 ($50 deposit)
Payment: We don’t offer prorated fees when children don’t attend.
Sign-up: Program limit of 20. Monroe Youth Center is located at 1504 11th St.
Supervisor: Theresa Klemm Instructors: Logan Leuzinger, Emma Guenther and Tori Wilkinson
Schedule each week will be:
- Mondays: After attendance and lunch, there will be different activities as board games, craft projects and a walk to Lincoln Park, weather permitting. We’ll have various outdoor activities.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: After attendance and lunch, we’ll walk to the pool for the afternoon and play at Swiss ALPS Playground. Bring swimsuit and towel along with snack!
- Wednesdays: After attendance and lunch, there will be different activities, we’ll walk to the library for special programs in the afternoon and then go to Twining Park.
- Fridays: After attendance and lunch, we’ll take a field trip to one of Monroe Parks or have a special speaker come in. The kids will be bussed to the different parks and pick up will be there.
Reminders for both sessions:
- Emergency contact & behavior forms should be turned into Parks & Recreation Office before Friday, May 28th.
- Parents are asked to stop on Thursday, June 10th to get their child’s t-shirt to wear the first day for staff to help identify kids. Also, please bring one labeled can of spray sunscreen per session.
- T-shirts are to be worn the first and second day of each session and on Wednesdays & Fridays. T-shirts are sponsored by Colony Brands & Affiliates.
- If your child is NEW to the program, please bring a picture to the Parks & Recreation Office along with the registration forms.
- The School will provide a free lunch every day in June, but parents will need to pack a lunch for July session. You will need to pack one snack for June and two snacks for July.
- Children must have a pool pass to be admitted into the pool or send money with your child to pay the daily admission fee.
- Children should bring a water bottle and snack with them each day along with a swimsuit & towel on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
Friday, June 18th: Demo AC Racing, sponsored by Discount American Motor Sports, 2:00pm at Discount America, 910 30th Street. Bus will take the children to enjoy radio controlled racing on a dirt track.
Friday, June 25th: Down on the Rieder’s Farm, sponsored by the Dan Rieder Family. We’re excited that we’ve been invited to visit Dan Rieder’s Family farm for feeding & seeing animals! We’ll see how they milk and feed the cows! We’ll take a bus to the farm located at W5478 County DR on Friday, June 25th at 2:00 - 3:30pm.
Friday, July 2nd: Jane Swiggum will help make patriotic bracelets & do face painting.
Friday, July 9th: Making boats & racing them at Twining Park creek.
Thursday, July 22nd: Laughing with the Animals! 1:15pm at Recreation South shelter lawn area- Sponsored by Kiwanis Club
Friday, July 23rd: Toodles the dog is coming to visit
Parks & Recreation uses the following COVID-19 PROTOCOL:
- Our staff will be wearing masks and taking necessary precautions to keep the participants safe.
- Children bring their own snacks and water bottle. Children will be asked to wear facemasks.
- More details will be emailed to parents as the program gets closer and we will review CDC guidelines.